Q: Car dinging and Service Engine Soon light coming on

I get a dinging alarm sound after driving for about 30 miles and occasionally the Service Engine Soon light comes on briefly. It goes off after the engine has cooled down.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Most GM vehicles will give you a "ding" when a Warning light comes on. Even though the Check Engine Light goes out, the code will be stored in the engine’s computer. A qualified mechanic from YourMechanic can come out, scan the computer, and diagnose your car’s dinging noise and Check Engine Light issues.