Q: Heater blows out cold air

I own a 2014 Dodge Dart. I started the car and turned on the heat, but it was only cold air that was blowing out. Then after a few minutes the warning lights come on saying the engine temperature was too hot. So I turned off the engine. But now I don’t know what to do. Do you think my radiator needs coolant? What’s wrong with my car?

It is very possible that the coolant level in your 2014 Dodge Dart is low. The symptoms you are describing are almost always caused by a low coolant level. Likewise, low coolant level means there is likely a leak somewhere. I would recommend having your cooling system pressure tested by a qualified technician in order to determine where the leak might be.

Once the leak is found, I would recommend having it repaired as soon as possible in order to prevent engine damage that may occur due to overheating. Once the leak is fixed, and the coolant level is topped off, the heat should work once again and the engine should not overheat.