Q: Battery light coming on

The battery light in my car came on while I was driving today.

A: When the battery light comes on this indica...

When the battery light comes on this indicates that the vehicle isn't receiving sufficient enough power from the alternator. A starting charge system test should be performed to ensure the proper battery voltage, check the proper starter operation, and make sure that the alternator is operating properly. A qualified technician is readily available to pinpoint why your battery light is on here at YourMechanic. Once the alternator fails the vehicle is only running on the battery and the system will start to fails shortly from the lack of power.