Q: What else can leak coolant? The leak is away from the radiator as well.

asked by on October 04, 2016

I have some type of coolant leak going, and it seems to be coming from near the coollant reservior, but not the reservoir itself. I have changed the fan clutch, water pump, and thermostat. Not sure what else it could be.

A coolant leak can come from leaking hoses, a bad head gasket, an intake gasket, or a number of possible locations. This means that a mechanic would need to identify specifically where the leak is coming from first before making repairs which could be unnecessary. If you need help identifying where the coolant leak is coming from, and repairing the issue, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home, or place of business to address these issues.