Q: Brake booster replacement for 2005 Volkswagen Phaeton.

My mechanic is having a difficult time removing the brake booster from my 2005 VW Phaeton. He disconnected all the hoses and removed all the connections but the booster sits next to the strut housing which doesn't afford enough room to remove the booster. Help me please!

Hi there. You will have to remove the master cylinder and all of the engine components that are in the way of the brake booster. Then the bolts on the inside of the cab will need to be removed to take out the brake booster. As the booster is coming out, you will have to pull out the booster enough to clear the bolts and then go behind the engine to pull it out. It is a tight fit, but it will come out.