Q: Low oil light on even though I have oil in car.

What does an engine light with a down arrow on it mean? I also have a low oil pressure light on, but have oil in the car.

Hello. The symbol that you are getting on the dash means that the computer has placed the engine in reduced power mode. This occurs as the engine computer tries to protect the engine from damage due to a condition it has identified. This can occur from something as simple as a low battery to serious issues such as power train problems. If the low oil pressure light is coming on also then that may be the problem. You may actually have low oil pressure or a failing oil pressure sensor. The best thing to do would be to enlist the help of a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, who could test the oil pressure with a manual gauge to determine what the problem is.