Q: Sudden metal screeching sound only while in drive. 2010 Kia Forte

My wife was driving her car and without any outstanding reason a loud screeching metal noise started from coming from the front of the car. The sound is not made in reverse, neutral or park. When put in drive with e brake on simple application of the slightest gas would cause the beginning of the noise, however none at all with e brake applied in reverse. Sound is very high pitched, like something is dragging although obviously nothing is. My only guess is possibly rock or debris somewhere in brake assembly. (we have a gravel driveway?) or possible bend in the cover?

Hello - this noise is most likely coming from the transmission since it is only noticeable in "Drive". A problem that was present in every gear, or Park/Neutral, could be an engine accessory belt-driven noise, but your symptoms do not indicate that. I would recommend an inspection of the engine/transmission for this noise by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.