Q: Check engine light on flashes five times stays on

Had code 340 for cam shaft sensor, replaced and discovered plug to sensor the wires were fried replaced with pigtail. Erased codes cranked engine no start code came back 340 only code. Now turn key to on engine light comes on stays on flashes five times and stays on. Disconnected battery and the pcm still does same thing and no start

Hi there. If the same code is returning, check to see if the new pig tail is installed correctly. If the wires aren’t in the right position, you will have the concern you’re experiencing as it could be shorting the 5 volt reference signal. Use an electrical wiring diagram to verify proper wire orientation and correct as necessary. I strongly suggest acquiring a qualified technician to perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. YourMechanic has several technicians available that can assist you with a Check Engine Light is on inspection.

3. Check engine light on flashes five times stays on