Q: Oil pressure sensor flashing

asked by on February 03, 2016

My oil pressure sensor light is flashing constantly.

Oil Pressure Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

First, you need to check the engine oil level. If it is low, top it off to the specified amount on the dipstick. If the level is normal, you may have a bad pressure switch that is simply not reading correctly. Another issue I have seen on your vehicle is the oil pump pick up tube (this is the part that carries oil to the oil pump) The rubber o ring fails and the pump can’t pull the oil up the tube which in turn drops your oil pressure. I do not recommend running your engine until it is determined, whether or not you have oil pressure. Running an engine even for a short period without oil pressure can cause serious internal damage. I suggest having a qualified technician to inspect and repair the oil pressure issue.