Q: Transmission not going into gear

My transmission will not go into gear. I think the fluid is low because I have never had it changed or serviced.

A: If the shifter will move, but there is no r...

If the shifter will move, but there is no response from the transmission then it may indeed have a transmission failure. It can also be a broken shift cable. I have seen many of these fail on this vehicle. I would typically start by checking the cable connection at the transmission. If it looks fine I would have someone move the shifter inside of the car and see if it moves at the transmission. If it does then there is a transmission problem. If not then the shifter cable is broken. If you were not planning on repairing this yourself, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your shifting problem and make the repairs needed.