Q: Q: Check engine light

My check engine light came on my car and I went to the auto parts store and they checked it and it comes off as engine coolant sensor is faulty the car runs fine is this something I should get taken care of quickly or is it something that can wait

Hello there, thanks for writing in. A failing coolant temperature sensor can have some subtle symptoms on your 2004 Toyota Camry. The coolant temperature sensor sends the signal to the coolant temp gauge, if the gauge reads wrong than the car could overheat and you would not know. The coolant temperature sensor also is used by the ECU to aid in cold starts. It is best to replace a faulty coolant temperature sensor as soon as possible, it is a straight forward repair. A qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your coolant temperature sensor and make any repairs required by simply coming to your home or office.

3. Q: Check engine light