Q: I filled my car with E85 and now there are multiple misfires.

My gas tank was empty and I filled it with e85. Now it misfires, especially in high gear and under high load. I have gotten automatic range sensor, bank 1 o2 sensor low voltage, multiple engine misfire codes. I finally realized what I did after going through a full tank. I refilled with fresh 85 but the problem continues. I was going to start with replacing the o2 sensor but am fearful of chasing parts. Automatic Trans fluid looks good and no is full. Do you have any suggestions?

Hi there. Sometimes E-85 can have several side effects, like the ones you’ve listed. However, before you start chasing parts, I would highly recommend having a professional mobile mechanic come to your location to complete an engine is misfiring inspection. This will allow them to pinpoint what’s causing this issue and recommend the right repairs if any.