Q: Fuel Pump replaced now car won't start 2007 Saab 9-3

I went to the mechanic because my car felt like it was stuttering at start and while driving. They told me that my fuel pump was leaking and needed to be replaced. After this was done my car would not start up very well. This start up issue is different from my previous issue. I didn't have this problem before. I went back to the mechanic telling them that I never had this problem. They told me that it was the fuel injector now. Because they changed the fuel pump the pressure ruined the fuel injector. I have a feeling that they replaced a part that wasn't needed and that they may be using parts from my car for another saab in their shop. Now they are putting used fuel injectors in my car. They say it will take weeks for new ones to come in. They don't normally offer used parts or want to install used parts. How can I tell if this mechanic is screwing me over. I've been going there for a few years. Now that the owner changed the service have also changed.

Car idle is rough Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there - the story certainly doesn’t make sense. Excessive fuel pressure won’t "ruin an injector", although it will certainly leak and cause high fuel consumption, as well as a rough idle and rough running. Check for problem codes, whether the Check Engine light is on or not. Most auto parts stores will do this for free on a time-available basis. I would get a 2nd diagnostic opinion via a fuel system inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.