Q: Car started shaking

I went to eat dinner everything was fine on my way there. After I ate I went back to my car started it up and it immediately started shaking and the check engine light came on.

Shaking or vibrating may be caused by many different things such as faulty spark plugs, poor fuel pressure or misfires. This creates a loss of power that resonates throughout the motor additionally causing other problems with ignition and fuel timing. Anytime a misfire is caused, this causes an imbalance in the motor which will cause the motor to shake or vibrate. The other issue that may cause this type of shaking or vibration is a broken engine mount. Engine mounts are generally rubber mounted braces that hold the engine in place to the chassis of the car. When these break or become weak or faulty, this may cause the engine to vibrate heavily. Due to the many possible causes of this type of shaking or vibration, I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Car started shaking