Q: Why do I have to pump the gas to crank it? It dies when I slow down to turn corners

My car is hard to start.. I have to pump the gas to crank it.. and it dies when I slow down to turn sometimes..i just replaced the fuel pump and filter..what else could cause it to do this

Hello there, many common faults will cause your 2003 Chevrolet Malibu to have to have the pedal pumped to start it. Common faults would be the faulty throttle body, throttle body linkage, fuel restriction, vacuum leak, idle air valve, or a MAF sensor. This may also be the reason the car dies when you slow to turn sometimes. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose the hard start issue and make any repairs required to resolve the issue.

• Why do I have to pump the gas to crank it? It dies when I slow down to turn corners