Q: Hello I have a Toyota Prius hybrid 2003 and I checked in the engine and it doesn’t have the serpentine belt and it has been runnin

asked by on November 03, 2017

My Toyota Prius 2003 doesn’t have the serpentine belt and it has been running that way I don’t understand how . But when I looked in there the camshaft isn’t spinning I was wondering if it would spin once a put the belt on and if it had a sensor or something to get it to start again or if that means I have another problem I tried running the ac or heater to see if maybe it would move then or spin but it doesn’t .

When a belt comes off it is most likely due to a failed pulley o tensioner and belt. I recommend getting a mechanic like one from YourMechanic come to you to diagnose the reason the belt came off and what work needs to be done to repair the car.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr