Q: 2012 passat just started making brake noise - sounds like a dragging at very low speed as the vehicle is about to stop. Also, noti

2012 passat just started making brake noise - sounds like a dragging at very low speed as the vehicle is about to stop. Also, noticed a lot of brake dust on rear left wheel

This is a classic noise when brakes are due to be serviced. The fact that you only hear it at low speeds only means it isn’t very loud as of yet. The brake dust on the rear wheels is normal for VW’s. They use harder compounds on the brake pads that wear out the rotors quickly. This combination is known for making more brake dust that other manufacturers. It isn’t really anything wrong, other than they are due or near due for brake service. Often times a good cleaning is all that is needed.

If you should need further assistance with your brake pads and rotors, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home or office to service your car.

Good luck!

• 2012 passat just started making brake noise - sounds like a dragging at very low speed as the vehicle is about to stop. Also, noti