Q: Certified inspections?

asked by on December 06, 2016

Do you do state certified inspections for registration?

No, this is not a service YourMechanic offers at this time. Thanks for thinking of us though!

Hazard light staying on

Hello. From what you describe, it would appear that your vehicle may be experiencing issues with the hazard button. If the button is buzzing and causing the lights to malfunction that may be an indicator that it is sticking, or...

I purchased performance brake pads and rotors however I only have a front pair of rotors.. 2014 Ford Mustang

Hi there - while there may be a very slight performance gain to be had by also replacing the rear rotors, you will be fine without doing so unless the rear brake rotors are severely grooved or otherwise worn. The...

I was looking for the location of the crankshaft /camshaft sensors on my 2012 audi a7 3.0.

Hi there. The crankshaft position sensor is located on the back of the engine on the driver side near the top at an angle. The camshaft position sensor is located just behind the camshaft gear on the left bank cylinder...

99 mercury sable 3.0 ohv is skipping. Change my spark plugs and wires plus the ing Coil. It is still misfiring in cylinder

You should check for fuel injector pulse at the injector with noid light connected to the injector connector. Retest system after clearing the codes to make sure the codes return for misfires on cylinders 3 and 4. The spark plug...

Blown head gasket for 8 months can I fix it or is it to late?

If the engine has a blown head gasket then you may have got coolant and water into the engine cylinders and inside the crankcase. Since it sat for a long period then you may have rust that built up inside...

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT won't start

Prior to performing diagnostics be sure you have a fully, 100% charged battery that passes a load test. Then, confirm that the engine immobilizer system (security system) is not activated thus preventing the car from starting. If the immobilizer system...

Gas leak near OTC

Hello. If the leak occurred right when the noise occurred, then it is usually caused by a fracture in the fuel pump outlet. This commonly occurs on fuel pumps over time. The outlet fractures and the pressure makes it way...

Engine light is on

Hello. Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC's) do not necessarily identify faulty parts. For example, the Code you are inquiring about, namely, P0126 could set the Check Engine Light (CEL) simply because the coolant level in your car is too low. If...

Do I have to use the exact type of valve stud on my CRV?

Hi there - Honda uses metric nuts/bolts/studs, so any stud with the same metric dimensions will be suitable, regardless of engine manufacturer. Remove one of the remaining good studs for measurement, or simply take one of the good ones in...