Q: Will not attempt to start. Engine has spark. Also noticed oil was in the intake tube.

Bought a cavalier with the intent to fix and resell it. it turns over fine but will not even attempt to fire. it has spark at all four cylinders. i also noticed oil in the intake tube.

Hi there. Check to see if the fuel injectors are working. You can back probe them with a digital meter and see if the voltage is being metered. If the injectors are working, then check the crankshaft position sensor and see if its working. Check the harness and make sure that there is no moisture or burned pins on the terminals. Also, check the air filter and make sure that its not plugged up. If you need further assistance with your engine not starting up, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Will not attempt to start. Engine has spark. Also noticed oil was in the intake tube.