Q: Windshield washer fluid is not spraying

asked by on March 15, 2016

My car's windshield washer fluid won't spray. My local mechanic said it might be the windshield washer pump is not running.

Windshield Washer Pump Replacement $95.62 - $233.65 Get a Quote

This could very well be the issue. A few other things that should be check before condemning the pump itself are the fuse to the pump, the switch that activates the pump and the hose that goes to your windshield squirters. Using regular tap water in your washer reservoir deposits many minerals that clog up the pump, so make sure once it is repaired only to use filtered water or washer fluid. A mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic will be able to make all those checks and determine the issue and replace the windshield washer pump if needed.