Q: Rattling noise in neutral. Car won't go over 30mph in 3rd.

I have a rattling noise coming from behind my skid plate (I think) while my car is in neutral. The engine starts up, and I can put it in gear. After I start driving, the engine doesn't have much power and once in third gear struggles to get up to 30 mph. What is wrong with my engine?

A: Hi thanks for the question, man, there is n...

Hi thanks for the question, man, there is nothing worse than a car that won’t go anywhere when we want or need it to. It sounds like you may be having a problem with your catalyst converter in your exhaust. The rattling you’re describing could be a result of the core inside melting and breaking loose, causing the rattling you’re hearing, and also acting just like a plug in your exhaust pipe, so your engine can’t breath. Enlist the help of a mechanic who has the right test equipment to pinpoint the cause of your problem.