Q: No power after startup

asked by on February 03, 2016

The car starts up great, but I have no power. It seems like its starving for gas or something is stopped up.

It sounds like your catalytic converters are stopped up. This is a common issue with fords. If you have an infrared laser temperature gun, you could aim it at your tailpipes while someone else revs the engine. If the catalytic converters are clogged there will be extremely high exhaust temperatures. If you need assistance, have a certified mechanic inspect and repair your car’s loss of power.