Q: While driving the car won't go faster than 35 mph

asked by on October 27, 2016

While driving today, the car would not drive faster than 35 mph

Car is slow to accelerate Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. In many cases, the symptom you’re describing is caused by the vehicle going into what’s known as "limp mode". This situation occurs when the on board computer detects a possibility of damaging other components if you continue to drive it in the current state. Most of the time this is triggered due to a problem within the transmission. Either minor like low or leaking transmission fluid, a loose or malfunctioning sensor or a major component problem. To resolve this issue, you’ll need to get in touch with a local professional to download any error codes stored in the ECM to diagnose the acceleration problem and fix your Hyundai.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr