Q: battery light comes on for a few minutes and goes off

Battery light comes on and goes off after a few minutes

Hi, thanks for writing in. Your charging system and battery should be performance-tested to see if either one is not up to specifications. You may have a weak battery that takes a few minutes to get above the point the light turns off or the charging system is weak and takes longer to charge the battery back up. A test is all that needs to be done.

If you would like help with these tests, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make any repairs as needed.

3. battery light comes on for a few minutes and goes off