Q: Clicking sound form engine

asked by on February 02, 2016

My car is making a ticking sound from the engine when I accelerate.

Noise from engine or exhaust Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

A ticking noise upon acceleration is a common sign of a timing chain or valves not functioning correctly. If under a steady RPM the sound remains, it is in need of a valve job. If the sound subsides or goes away after a certain RPM, the timing chain has too much slack causing it to "slap." A mechanic from YourMechanic can diagnose the noise that is coming from your engine to help get your car running smoothly again.