Q: Car pick up has been reduced and feels really tough acceleration

I have just changed the driving belt for my car. From that time i am having some issues with it. It feels like doing really hard / tough accelerating. Pick up has reduced a lot after changing the belt. Why is that please help me?

Serpentine/Drive Belt Replacement $95.44 - $301.27 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. The first thing you should consider is why you had to change the belt in the first place. If it broke, slipped off, frayed, or cracked there may be an issue with one of the pulley’s or components behind them. An inspection of the pulley’s and their assigned systems will need to be the first place you start. In the process you will also want to look at the new belt and make sure it is seated correctly, not slipping, and is installed correctly. Check the tension on the belt and make sure it is correct. For more diagnostic help and to resolve the issue, contact our service department about scheduling an appointment.