Q: Q: Motor making a weird noise

The car will not go in reverse. I believe it is the vehicle's speed sensor or transmission sensor.

Hi. Unfortunately, I doubt this is a sensor problem. The transmission control module (TCM) uses input from the vehicle speed sensor (VSS) to regulate line pressure for shift timing and for torque converter clutch (TCC) application. A failed VSS can result in abnormal shifting, lack of TCC application, and loss of high gears. The Transmission range sensor (TR) is used to determine the desired transmission gear and to control mainline pressure. A failed TR can cause harsh shifting engagement or a no start condition. Neither of these items would result in losing only reverse. It sounds like you are having an internal transmission problem. A trained mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to inspect the shifting problem further and give you an accurate explanation of what the problem is.

3. Q: Motor making a weird noise