Q: There is green fluid that came pouring out from the bottom of my car up by the driver side tire. I have 2009 nissan Maxima.

asked by on February 24, 2018

When I got home I noticed green liquid come pouring out from under the car up by the driver side tire. I opened the hood and noticed it had splattered a little in the engine area. It had started smoking a little, unsure if the temperature gauge was starting to move.

Coolant is leaking Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Green fluid in most cases is going to be coolant. If the car is running you will usually notice some sharp smelling steam as well. Best to stop driving the car until you can locate and repair the leak. The cooling system is pretty complicated on your car, so it is useless for me to speculate on the exact cause. But you can have that pinned down for you by contacting YourMechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your fluid leak and let you know what is the solution.