Q: low oil pressure light on at idle

Hi I have a Volvo 2001 xc70 160k 5cyl. automactic . I have low oil pressure light on at idle anything above 1300 rpm the light will stay off no engine noise very quite. New cam solenoid, pvc , oil pan kit - o rings gasket, oil pump, oil pressure sensor, ran bg flush through machine flush and 10 40 wt. Still oil light is on when pan was off no signs of metal in oil or pan..

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

A: You should have the oil pressure tested at ...

You should have the oil pressure tested at the pressure sender port. If the pressure drops below specification at idle then you know the problem is in the oil pump or excessive leaks past the engine crankshaft bearings or camshaft bearings from wear. I’d suggest getting car looked at by one of our mobile experts who can diagnose the low oil warning light and help you fix it accordingly.