Q: My engine dies when idling if I don't give it gas

I had no problems with the car at all and drove about 20 miles, had dinner with my wife, got back in the car to drive home. We made it about 5 miles, started accelerating to merge on the freeway and the car was not responding to the accelerator. The car died and we got it towed home. If I start it up and give it gas to keep it above 2k rpm it runs but roughly. If it idles it will fall below 1k rpm and die. Fuel pump sounds like it is working

Hey there, thank you for asking about your 2007 Honda CR-V. This is a common issue on many cars and is often times related to what is called an idle air control module. This module regulates the air flow into the engine as it is mixed with fuel allowing for just the right air/fuel charge to be injected into the motor. When this is not working correctly, you will experience the same symptoms you are describing. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose why your car dies when idling and make the necessary repairs.

3. My engine dies when idling if I don't give it gas