Q: Replacement of refueling vent valve

I accidentally broke the control port of the refueling vent valve on my 2001 altima. DO i need to drop the gas tank to replace this or is there another way to get to it to replace it. OR Since this is a 3 port valve ,can I seal up the broken control port and put a new one in line with this old one.

If the device has a broken port, it must be replaced. It is very hard to mock up a connection that will seal as perfectly as it used to. I believe the vent valve is attached to the charcoal canister if we are talking about the same valve, and you will likely have to replace the entire canister which may come with a new valve on it unless you can purchase the valve separately. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and take a closer look at your vent valve and offer a more personal diagnosis.

3. Replacement of refueling vent valve