Q: I have a P0014 Camshaft Phasing System Malfunction code on my 2004 GMC Envoy XUV. How much is it to correct this problem?

My check engine light is on. The car has a little bit of a rough idle. It seems to be pulsating in and out. Sometimes the engine will kill while at a stop sign.

Hello, the P0014 problem code indicates a "camshaft over-advanced error", which means that the camshaft is over-advanced (relative to the crankshaft) more than should be possible. This condition can be caused by worn timing chain components or a failed camshaft actuator, which relies on oil pressure to operate properly (sludge accumulation in the engine can cause this). I would recommend having a rough idle inspection completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose which of these conditions is causing this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. I have a P0014 Camshaft Phasing System Malfunction code on my 2004 GMC Envoy XUV. How much is it to correct this problem?