Q: Battery change. Do you do computer reset after battery change?

Will all data still in memory? Do I still need to go to the the dealer to reset the computer?

Hi there:

The ECU contains a small battery inside of it that acts as a back up when the battery drains or is removed; which ensures that data is not wiped away when the battery is replaced. There is no need to reset the computer per say, but if you had any error codes that indicated a problem existed; then you’ll need to have a professional mechanic complete a check engine light inspection.

3. Battery change. Do you do computer reset after battery change?