Q: Engine light is on+ VSC Trac lights

I own a 2005 Toyota 4Runner sport edition.for the past 3 month I've been traveling across the country towing a 4000 Ibs travel trailer.Ive had installed a brake system in my car to control the brakes better and to ease all this weight off my car brakes pads. The car is running great.the only thing is the engine brake light is on and also the VSC Trac lights. I need to get the car troughs emission test,and as they told me,it will fail because of the engine light is on. I've read a lot of reviews that says it could be the gas cap,and I know I should do coad diagnostic,but only the diagnostic check cost a lot.how could I illuminate what's causing the problem?the car is running real good,I think there is something loose with the electricity,and I don't know anyone reliable that I can talk to and make sure no one will make me do unnecessary work that could cost me more then it should be or make more damage. What should I do?

The "VSC Trac light on" problem is related to a software problem with the yaw rate sensors calibration. This is documented in Toyota Technical Service Bulletin TSB #BR005-03, which your Toyota service center can apply to re-calibrate this sensor. [Note: There are also a number of threads on the Internet for the competent DIYr to reset this yourself.] Most auto parts stores will read your problem codes (Check Engine light on) for free on a "time-available basis". This will guide you to the specific problems that are preventing a "Pass" on your emissions testing. If this service is unavailable to you, I would recommend having YourMechanic perform a Check Engine light diagnosis for these issues, provide an accurate assessment of damage, and estimate the cost of repairs.