Q: The car starts up after battery is replaced, turns off right away

The car has troubles starting. I was driving it the other day and stopped for a while. When I got back and tried to turn it on, it couldn't start. I had the battery replced. Now, it would start up but it dies out right away. What do you think could be causing this? Thanks.

A: The antitheft is most likely activated. The...

The antitheft is most likely activated. The system may need to be reset with the factory scanner system. You can try to disconnect the battery and then, with all keys out of the car and all doors closed, reconnect the battery and see if this resets the computer. Make sure you lock and unlock the doors using the remote and do this with the key in the door to see if it resets. If it does not then you will have to have a dealer reset the module to work with the keys again. If you want to have this looked at in person, a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can come to your home or office to diagnose your starting issue.