Q: Engine light on, loss of power. Lifted hood whilst engine running but fan doesn't seem to be spinning? Could this be the problem

Loss of power since engine light came on (not flashing)

The Check Engine Light indicates a problem in one of the vehicle systems. The stored trouble codes need to be tested and diagnosed. The electric fan should only come on when it’s needed, if it is not necessary the fan will not be on. If you need help with getting this fixed, have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the trouble codes and make the necessary repairs to your vehicle.

• Engine light on, loss of power. Lifted hood whilst engine running but fan doesn't seem to be spinning? Could this be the problem