Q: Q: Code P0128

My dodge charger is 2011 i have code P0128 dealership says its the themostat the cost at dealer 580! Is that to much i really dont have that but need my vehicle for woek and taking my kids to different practices please help i need someone nesr and cheap and honest Thanks Kiwanda

Hi There, As you know, code P0128 relates to the operation of the thermostat in your cooling system, specifically indicating that the thermostat is likely stuck open, which results in the engine operating temperature never reaching the normal operating temperature it should be at. The good news is that this is less damaging than if it were the opposite in that your car would be overheating which could cause significantly more damage to the engine and other parts as well. I would suggest scheduling an appointment to have one of our qualified mechanics come to your location to replace your thermostat to get you back on the road as soon as possible.

3. Q: Code P0128