Q: Would the Weight Classification System sensor cause the ESC light to come on

asked by on October 10, 2017

ESC light comes on.Cars slows down almost stopping. Transmission shop say there was no transmission problem. Scanner says B1319 which is WCS( Weight Classification System) sensor on passenger seat, could these two be related.

My car's transmission is transaxle to me. What would be cost to check and repair

The code for the passenger seat weight sensor issue will not cause the loss of power in the engine. You will need to have the airbag code diagnosed separately. If you have aftermarket devices hooked to the computer data link connector then it may be causing erratic vehicle operation and can cause these drive problems. You will need to remove any devices if installed. If no device is installed then you will need to have the vehicle checked by a mechanic like one from YourMechanic to isolate cause of loss of power.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr