Q: Vent hose broke off of battery

I am supposed to go on a road trip this weekend. I replaced the battery today, but I noticed that the grey-colored venting hose broke off of the old battery, with half of the battery vent piece melted inside of it. The new part will come in after the weekend. Can I still drive the car? Is there some way to rig the venting?

The vents are so you will not get battery fumes built up inside the passenger compartment. Hydrogen gas may build up inside the car and can cause a fire hazard. I would not recommend driving it till you fix the vents. You can use any type of rubber hose for the time being till you get the correct ones as long as they do not leak. A certified mobile mechanic from YourMechanic can provide this repair at your home or office.