Q: Bad squeaking from under hood, could be pulley.

I have a very bad squeaking sound from underneath the hood. Four years ago I had the serpentine belt replaced twice and the tensioner pulley replaced at the same time. I think it might be coming from another pulley.

A: Hi there. This noise can become very annoyi...

Hi there. This noise can become very annoying, especially if it is very loud. If the noise typically occurs when the engine is first started and then goes away it can be the alternator bearing. If it is a constant noise it may be an issue with one of the idler pulleys or the water pump. You should enlist the help of a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, who can who can inspect the noise by removing the belt and spinning each pulley one at a time.