Q: Clicking sound coming from engine, increases with acceleration.

asked by on December 29, 2015

I hear a clicking/knocking sound coming from engine. Does not happen when the car is in park. The sound happens when the car is in gear or idling, and gets louder and faster when I accelerate.

Noise from engine or exhaust Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

It sounds like it could possibly be a motor mount or transmission mount causing the problem. If you see a lot of movement in the engine when you have it in gear you probably have a cracked or broken motor mount. I would have a technician inspect the sound, they can better tell you if the problem is in the transmission or the engine.