Q: Steam coming from under my hood with a antifreeze smell

The y piece in my van that the hose hooks up to broke antifreeze was everywhere. It got fixed but when I drive I start smelling antifreeze then I notice white smoke or steam coming from under the hood. The temp gage is fin it drives fine. My husband said the antifreeze is just burning off. Something is dripping on something but I can't see where he said not to worry. I am scare if I keep driving it it will just get worst. I do not trust this van. Now my stupid tmps light is in and the tire is fine.

Any time there is a major coolant leak from a broken hose there will be coolant that is sprayed all over the motor. After the coolant is repaired and the system is refilled and cooling system rechecked for any leaks the entire engine should be allowed to cool completely. Once cool then the entire engine should be rinsed off using a low pressure hose with fresh water. this should get off most of the coolant that sprayed on the motor. you may still get some smoke when the rest is burned off. For the TPMS light being on you will need to have the tires pressure checked and the system checked for faulty pressure sensors.

3. Steam coming from under my hood with a antifreeze smell