Q: Where is the cam shaft position sensor located on a 2000 ford contour 2.0

asked by on April 11, 2017

I had codes ran on my car and I do not know the location of these sensors the knock sensor or cam shaft position sensor

Codes do not conclusively identify faulty parts. Any part referred to in a code that is suspected of being faulty must be separately tested, that is diagnosed, in order to determine if in fact there is anything wrong with the part. Codes only represent clues to the "general area" or "system" in which a fault lies and sometimes, in fact, the specific parts referred to in a code have absolutely nothing to do with the reason the check engine light is on but rather the code itself has simply set as a consequence of a fault elsewhere in the engine management controls. If the camshaft position sensor has been tested and it is in fact not functioning, you can locate it at the back of the cylinder head. The knock sensor is screwed into the block on the same side as the oil filter. These sensors can be easily tested with an automotive scanner and/or oscilloscope. If you desire a diagnostic on the camshaft position sensor and knock sensor, please request CPS inspection/replacement. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.