Q: Flapping noise after I accelerated in low gear

I accelerated past a car in 2nd or 3rd gear I can't remember which. But after I got past the car I heard a flapping noise. It carried on until I stopped a bit further down the road. But I have not accelerated up to 60mph since. What could the flapping noise be?

Hello - your symptoms suggest a tire that is separating. IF the tread starts to separate from the structural "belts" - fiber or steel mesh - a tire will make the noises you describe. It also means the tire will fail rather quickly. Best to get to a tire service center, and have this checked out. Big safety issue!