Q: When I put it into Drive, it won't barely move, but it will reverse.

I was coming home from work last night and I drove down the street, up a little hill nearby a O'Reillys part store and an Aldi's when my car wouldn't go forward anymore. I let off the gas and slightly pressed it, nothing. I gunned it, and nothing again just a really loud engine rev. I tried to put it in park and turn it off, and then back on and nothing still. I put it into reverse and it drove perfectly fine backwards. I put it in park, put on the emergency brake and then took it off just in case it stuck, it didn't. I had to call the police to tow my vehicle to the nearest Auto Zone. The guy when I called said it sounds like a transmission problem, and thats it. He didn't specify and I know absolutely nothing about cars. Can anyone help me please? I am panicking and don't want to have to get a part or part(s) worth a bunch of money I don't have.

A: Hi there. Unfortunately, this sounds like a...

Hi there. Unfortunately, this sounds like an internal failure of the transmission. One or more of the components inside the transmission that is required to engage the forward gears has failed. The transmission will require replacement or a rebuild. Unfortunately, Your Mechanic does not offer transmission replacement or rebuild services. An inspection performed by a qualified technician will provide a definitive prognosis to your dilemma. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a car does not move inspection.