Q: I have a Lexus RX 350 (2008). This morning it suddenly showed the engine light indicator and started vibrating.

Hi Dan.. I have a Lexus RX 350 (2008). Today morning it suddenly showed the engine light indicator and started vibrating. The car stopped and started moving after restarting the engine. There was smoke coming out of the bonnet with some mild burning smell.. Please suggest.

The burning smell and vibrations could have been caused by the engine misfiring and making the exhaust come through the intake or there is an electrical issue that is burning on the exhaust system. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose the smoking and burning smell issue.

3. I have a Lexus RX 350 (2008). This morning it suddenly showed the engine light indicator and started vibrating.