Q: Where is the car jack located?

Where is the car jack located?

The car jack is located with your spare tire, in the trunk. To access the jack, open the trunk, and remove the luggage floor cover.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr

Can I use back door handle for the front door handle inside and out, if so how?

I would recommend against doing this. Most vehicle door handles are not compatable from front to back. If you have a junk yard near your location, you can usually get parts such as door handles very inexpensively. I would recommend...

My car will only turn on when my foot is on the gas but turns off when its not

Hey there. This could be from a couple of potential problems. Your car has what is called a throttle position sensor which monitors the position of your foot on the gas pedal and relays this to the computer which then...

After engine replacement, Service Engine light on

The malfunction indicator lamp illuminates at the sign of an error in a number of the vehicles systems. The trouble code must be read every time to see if the same or a new code has popped up, then the...

How do you erase the garage door codes programmed into the universal remote?

While the universal garage door opener in your car is certainly handy, there are times that you might want to erase the codes you’ve stored. You may be selling the car or trading it in. You may be moving to...

Would a bad pcv valve make the engine run hot

Hi there. From the description you have provided, your vehicle's bad PCV and coolant loss are not related. The PCV (positive crankcase ventilation) valve is designed to remove combustion gases that get past the piston rings into the engine. Typically,...

My car has a rough idle and water leaking from the tailpipe - 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

Hello and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. If the smoke is slightly white, it could be burning the fuel too cold. This is an issue with a cylinder misfiring and causing raw fuel to enter the exhaust pipe. Check all...

just got a oil change Car engine temp got really hot, oil spilled under the hood, loud screeching and smoke when the car is on

Hi there. I honestly hate hearing horror stories like this and am very sorry this has happened to you. There are several things that could have caused this issue, ranging from the oil service place forgetting to put the oil...

How do I lock and unlock the doors using keyless entry?

The Keyless Entry Keypad gives you access to unlocking your truck without using your keys. It also lets you lock the doors. To lock and unlock the doors using Keyless Entry. Enter the factory code or your personal code....

Why is my steering hard at idle after replacing powersteering pump and rack

Anytime a system is contaminated with metal from a failed part, you will get filters that get clogged. Since you installed a return line filter, this will help filter out any contamination but may also starve the pump of fluid....