Q: Car lunges forward when gear is engaged

asked by on September 07, 2016

When the gear engaged, without warning my car lunged forward. It was reported to me by the dealer that the mechatronics was defective and needed to be replaced. They repaired it, but it did not help. My vehicle still has the same problem with lunging forward when I engage the gear. I returned the car to them two more times and the technician said the transmission needed to be replaced. I am hesitant to have this repair performed since their first diagnosis did not correct the problem. In your viewpoint, what will permanently fix my car’s problem?

Hi there, thank you for writing about your 2010 Audi S5. There is a software update for the transmission/clutch controller that is supposed to correct this problem. Check with your Audi dealer for this fix. If you want to have this problem checked by a certified mechanic, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your car jerking problem.