Q: Problems after transmission put in

asked by on March 01, 2018

Got a rebuilt transmission put in. 2 days after I got it it started jerking while at a stop sign and stop light. I backed out it stalled and jerked. I started the truck and it sounds like metal is rattling now.

Car idle is rough Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Check to see if there is warranty coverage on the work that was performed. It is not clear if the issue is the engine jerking or the transmission jerking, or both. The noise, of course, is a clear indication of a malfunction. Rattling could even be due to a loose torque converter give that the transmission was just replaced. If there is no warranty coverage and you want the problem pinpointed and resolved, the recommended service to request is an engine diagnostic. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will get this diagnosed and resolved, right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.