Q: Car won't start, fuel gauge and speedometer malfunctioning

I have several issues with my car. Lately, the speedometer, the fuel gauge and the windows started malfunctioning. I've noticed the fuel gauge is showing incorrect fuel amounts, the speedometer shows several miles over the real speed and the windows at the driver's side are slow to go either up or down. The main problem occurred while I was sitting in the car with the radio on. Then, when I tried to start it up, there was only clicking even when I tried to jump-start it. What could be the issue here and does it have anything to do with some features of the car malfunctioning?

Hello there, the first place I would look, with all of the symptoms you’ve described, is into the no start condition. The most likely cause of a no start would be a problem with the battery, starter, ignition switch, fuel pump, or the battery cables.

If the problem ends up being electric it could explain the fuel gauge, speedometer, and window issue. If you need assistance with these checks, a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your starting issue firsthand and perform any repairs required.

3. Car won't start, fuel gauge and speedometer malfunctioning